Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello, Li Jun here, this is my speech:

Good afternoon teachers and friends. I’m Li Jun from 3E2 and I feel honoured to be able to be one of the candidates for this chairperson election.

First of all if I’m the president, I will like to increase the bonds among the orchestra members. Although we are in different sections, we all still belong to one group. I will consider having some outdoor activities such as playing games together. However, it will not always be inter-sections game, but also to have different people from different sections to form a group together. This is to let us know more about one another of different sections, and not always sticking with the section itself.


My second suggestion will be conducting camps. Basically I have two ideas in my mind. One of it will be a camp conducted mainly for the Orchestra, which interesting activities will be conducted to exchange knowledge of own instrument to the other sections. I think that as a whole group of orchestra, we ought to know some other instruments too, other than our own instruments. Another idea of mine will be conducting a camp together with other Performing Arts CCA where we can learn how their CCA lessons are being conducted as well as to showcase our talent to other CCAs.

I am a person who is soft-spoken, and I may not be known to everyone, but I am confident that I am able to lead the orchestra. There will be times that I will face obstacles along the way and encounter failure, however, I will not be discouraged but to move on. I will not be easily defeated but to move on till I succeed.If there are any other relevant suggestions made by the orchestra members on improving the orchestra, I will listen to the suggestions and try my best to work it out. I hope you will vote for me to be the chairperson.


With this I end my speech. Thank you for your kind attention.

No comments: